Currently Open

GT Hypno is Open and taking new patients. Sessions by appointment only.
Virtual TeleHealth sessions are available as well.
*This website is in the public domain.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fear of the Dentist: How Hypnosis Can Make It Better

Fear of the Dentist: How Hypnosis can make it better.


Do you have a Fear of the Dentist? 

I did. In the past all I needed to do was walk in and sit in the dentist chair and I would break out in a full body sweat. I would involuntarily grip the arm rests of the chair with my fingernails.

Now I walk in sit down and relax for the next hour. I utilize the simple calming techniques I utilize in the Hypnotherapy I practice. When I have a procedure: teeth cleaning, crown, etc. I utilize one of my hypnosis recordings to relax further, while cooperating with the dentist and dental procedure. My experience is much more pleasant and relaxing. The procedure seems to fly by. The crown was and hour and forty minutes, with use of the recording I thought I was in the chair just forty minutes. It was more relaxing than a cleaning.

Still need convincing? Check out these two videos on dental hypnosis:


Dentist and Hypnotherapist Dr. David Grayson discusses dentistry and hypnosis on the Cablevision TV program "To Your Health" with Dr. Derrick DeSilva. Published on Jun 28, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYmde8fm4Mo&feature=youtu.be


Scaling and root planing procedure with hypnosis as analgesia

http://youtu.be/cSMehIYupv8

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hypnosis might be an alternative but is safe only under the guidance of a professional hypnotist! Another better way to avoid the fear of a dentist is to visit a dentist who is friendly, caring as well as professional just like the dentist in Garden Grove at Primary Dental Care does.

Amelia Hasenohrl, LPC, CHt. said...

I too have a very kind and caring dentist. However, many people need more than a new kind and caring dentist to release and relieve the past trauma of a very inhumane childhood dentist or orthodontist that wasn't kind and caring. It goes deeper than the conscious mind and often requires deep thought changes about dental experiences to get to a comfortable place with even a dental cleaning appointment. Hypnosis can do that, very easily.

Unknown said...

I think that hypnotherapy is interesting. I want to learn more about it and how it can be used. I recently learned that it can be used to help phobias. I think this is something a lot of people who fear the dentist would like to look into.
Gary Puntman | http://www.brianallen.com.au

Amelia Hasenohrl, LPC, CHt. said...

Hypnotherapy is often utilized to relieve and eliminate phobia or fears. I help people with fears of heights, spiders/insects, driving, flying, and public speaking to name just a few areas.

My clients feel more in control of their level of relaxation and in control of their emotional reactions to stressful situations. - Amelia